I’m craving sweet stuff, but don’t want to go to the shops, so I looked online. I liked the look of the BOSH boys brownies – suitably filthy. I was nearly out of cocoa but have a new tub of hot chocolate, so I improvised, it went pretty well, but the kitchen looks like I’d held a dirty protest.
- 300g plain flour
- 400g light brown sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g vegan hot chocolate
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 40g chocolate and hazelnut smooth peanut butter
- 220ml water
- 200ml vegetable oil
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- A handful of raspberries and whole pecan nuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 20 x 30cm cake tin with baking paper making sure there’s a good overhang to act as handles to remove the brownie from the tin when it comes out of the oven.
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa, hot chocolate, baking powder and salt to the food processor and whizz to combine.
- Add the chocolate and hazelnut peanut butter, water, oil and vanilla. Blend until everything is smooth.
- Stir in the chopped chocolate.
- Transfer the brownie mix into the cake tin and smooth it out so it goes all the way to the edges of the tin.
- Push the raspberries and pecans evenly spaced into the mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until cooked and beginning to go hard on the outside but still squidgy in the middle.
- Cool to room temperature, lift it out of the tin and put it on a chopping board, chop it up and stuff your face!