The sun is out at last and I’m pretending I’m on holiday eating colourful scrambled tofu, made with peppers and herbs, in the garden…
- Olive oil
- 1/2 a red pepper, chopped
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric (or a large pinch of dried), finely chopped
- 1/2 a jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 1/2 a block of Tofu (or smoked is good too)
- 3 spring onions
- Small bunch of coriander
- Nigella seeds
- Splosh a small amount of olive oil in a frying pan and heat.
- Fry the pepper for a couple of minutes then throw in the turmeric, jalapeño pepper and tofu.
- Fry for 5 minutes or so until the tofu is starting to brown slightly (I like it a bit overdone and not to eggy).
- Add the spring onions and coriander and cook for one more minute.
- Serve, sprinkled with nigella seeds (not very Mexican but they look pretty) with hot toast, sliced avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Eat in the sun then finish reading a good book…