This recipe uses a combination of puff and filo pastry, both of which you can buy ready-made – result!
- 2-3 tbsp vegan mincemeat (get the best you can!)
- Small handful of dried cranberries, chopped
- Zest from 1 clementine
- 1 splash of brandy
- 1 handful of flour for dusting
- 1 sheet of ready-rolled Jus-Rol puff pastry
- 1 sheet of Jus-Rol filo pastry
- 40g vegan marg, melted
- 1 small handful of flaked almonds
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and remove both types of pastry from the fridge and set to one side.
- Spoon the mincemeat into a mixing bowl and mix in the cranberries, clementine zest and brandy.
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out the puff pastry sheet, just a little thinner than it already comes.
- Thinly spread the mincemeat over the pastry, leaving a 1cm gap around the edges.
Roll up the pastry lengthways (like a Swiss roll) then place on a floured tray in the fridge to firm.
- Grease a muffin tray lightly with the melted marg.
- Place a single layer of filo pastry on your work surface and cut squares slightly larger than the holes in the muffin tray. Use more pastry if necessary to cut 12 squares in total.
- Brush each square with melted marg and gently ease each one into each of the holes in the tray so that the corners point upwards around the edges.
- Repeat with another layer of filo, cutting another 12 squares, then gently pushing each into the edges (slightly offset from the first layer to give more pointy tops!), to leave plenty of room for the puff pastry swirls.
- Take the puff pastry mincemeat roll out of the fridge and, with a sharp knife, cut it into 12 slices.
- Place each slice, flat-side down, into the filo-lined holes.
- Brush with melted marg and sprinkle a few flaked almonds on top of each.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until cooked and golden brown.
- Leave to cool then remove from tray and dust with a little icing sugar before serving.