Makes 12 muffin-sized cupcakes.
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 1 cup soya milk
- ¼ cup rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp tequila
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups plain flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ pack fondant icing and colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and put 12 muffin cases into your cake tins.
- In a large bowl whisk together the lime juice, zest, soya milk, oil, tequila, vanilla and sugar.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and powder, and add the salt.
- Whisk until smooth then dived into the cupcake cases – they should be just over two-thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 mins until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Transfer to a cooling rack.
To ice, roll out fondant icing and cut skull shapes. Use a fork to indent teeth marks and paint with brush and black icing. Cut little circles in a different coloured icing (I used a pen lid as a cutter) and decorate with piped coloured icing as you like and use little silver balls for the eyes.