This year Viva! launched a new campaign inviting people to ‘Face Off’ the meat industry with a series of videos of undercover investigations. This one has touched a lot of hearts… www.viva.org.uk/faceoff/eggs.
Now we have the VeganEgg! I tried it for the first time yesterday and made scrambled egg – it’s brilliant! My Mum used to make Spanish omelettes for us when we were kids, traditionally Spanish omelette is made with eggs, onion and potato. She would throw in red peppers, peas and all sorts. Since I bought the new VeganEgg, I couldn’t wait to try this out. It works really well!
- 1 medium potato, chopped into cubes
- ½ an onion, chopped
- ¼ red pepper, chopped
- Small handful thyme
- 2 tbs VeganEgg
- 100ml ice cold water
- Small handful of grated vegan cheese (Violife)
- Olive oil
- Boil the potato for a few minutes until just beginning to soften
- Fry the potato, onion and red pepper with the herbs until beginning to colour
- Mix the VeganEgg and coldwater and whisk until smooth
- Combine the veg into the egg mix and stir then return to the pan, throw the cheese on top and continue to fry on a low heat (cover with a saucepan lid for a few minutes)
- When you think the bottom has cooked enough, place under the grill for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbling
- Serve with plenty of freshly ground black pepper