Here’s a recipe I stumbled on but I can’t remember where – happy to credit someone if they can tell me who made this up! It’s a really quick and easy way of making little chocolates that taste like Snickers. Medjool dates taste like caramel and one friend who tried these didn’t realise he was eating a date!
- 60g vegan dark chocolate
- 10 large Medjool dates
- 10 small tsp crunchy peanut butter
- Break up the chocolate into a glass bowl standing in an inch or two of boiling water
- Leave for a few minutes to melt then gently stir
- While the chocolate is melting, cut the dates down one side and remove the stones
- Gently spoon is a small teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter into the space left by the stone in each date
- Squeeze each date back together so it resembles its original shape
- Dip each date in the melted chocolate using a wooden skewer or a toothpick to hold it and place on greaseproof paper to set
- Cut each one in half if you are a nibbler or just throw them into your mouth whole!