I’m having a bit of a coriander week. If you’re in the US, I’m talking about cilantro. I had some Redwoods faux chicken pieces, a yellow pepper, fresh coriander, garlic and onion. There are green chillies growing in the garden that need eating up soon as the nights are getting colder. I also had canned tomatoes and some jalfrezi curry paste… This was screaming curry at me! This curry only takes a few minutes to prepare and you can leave it cooking while you crack open a bottle and find a half-decent film to watch on TV for when it’s ready. I was going to watch Alien 2 but settled for four episodes of the crime drama The Body Farm on BBC iplayer.
- 1 large onion, cut in halve lengthwise then sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Splash of vegetable/soya oil
- 4-5 green chillies, 1 chopped finely – the rest left whole
- 1 box Redwoods faux chicken
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2-3 large tbsp Jalfezi curry paste (more if you like it hot!)
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
Fry the onion, pepper and garlic in a hot pan for 5 mins. Add the chilli and chicken and fry for a further 2 mins. Add the tomatoes and curry paste, reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 mins. Garnish with coriander and serve with basmati rice or naan bread.